Ok, so I don't really take my Corgi to the movies, but my wife has her "Knitting Corgis" blog, so I figured I'd stay in the theme. This is our commentary on the movies and other pop culture that we partake in.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Code 46

Well, we're 0/2 so far in 2005. This time I went to the store, after we looked through some titles online and came up with a list of some that looked interesting. We wanted something somewhat thought-provoking, so we were again looking in the independently released movies.

Code 46 looked like it might be fun. Kind of Gattaca like, with Tim Robbins and the girl who played Agatha in Minority Report. And it certainly didn't feel quite as long as Japanese Story, but I think it may actually have been more pointless, which is what turned me off. I hate it when a movie doesn't have a purpose.

There were some interesting parts about the futuristic aspects - for example, they have a unified language that is a combination of all languages (but really ends up being English with a few familiar spanish words like "coche" and "papel" swapped in). But all that was relatively minor.

My wife fell asleep 15 minutes into, and didn't miss a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home